Etain is a leading producer of premium herbal alternatives to mainstream medicine. Our mission is to improve the quality of life for patients in New York State by providing access to the highest quality, pharmaceutical-grade products and treatments available. We give patients safe, legal access to palliative medicines for effective treatment of debilitating symptoms and diseases. With locations in New York City, Chestertown, Syracuse, Kingston, and Yonkers we’re providing compassionate care to the citizens of New York State.
Etain is seeking passionate, driven and hardworking individuals to fill positions as Manufacturing Assistants for its Chestertown, NY, location.
Manufacturing Assistant (MAs) positions are hands-on and require individuals who enjoy rolling up their sleeves and who are accustomed to factory, production line, and laboratory work. MAs are responsible for performing routine tasks related manufacturing production.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Ensuring the laboratory and manufacturing areas are maintained in a sanitary and operational condition by sanitizing surfaces, removing waste, and maintaining equipment.
· Maintaining detailed daily logs of activities, yields, quality control assessments, standard maintenance, both on paper and through the company tracking software.
· Attending weekly laboratory meetings.
· Operating all equipment for manufacturing and packaging in a safe and compliant manner, as prescribed by management.
· Maintaining high level of efficiency to meet the needs of all product orders.
· Loading and unloading trucks and delivery vehicles. Checking inventory quantity on both inbound and outbound shipments against shipping manifests.
· Performing Quality Control and Quality Assurance checks on all lots and sublots produced within the manufacturing center and on inventory purchased from other suppliers.
· Performing all duties and responsibilities in a safe and compliant manner, utilizing proper personal protective equipment and methodology.
· Maintaining an elevated level of personal hygiene necessary for sterile manufacturing of medical products.
Essential Job Duties include:
· Ability to follow thorough instructions without deviation.
· Ability to accurately perform repetitive actions.
· Ability to use a computer and learn new programs.
· Conduct oneself with integrity
· Capable of lifting 50 pounds.
· Ability to stand for a full 8-hour shift.
· High level of manual dexterity.
· Other duties as required by management.
· Ability to pass a fit for duty examination and drug screening.
· Open availability to work various work schedules including weekends.
· Must hold valid authorization to work in the U.S.
· Reliable form of transportation to and from jobsite is essential.
· Proven ability to communicate in English written and orally and have proficient PC skills for data entry related tasks.
· Prior production and/or manufacturing experience preferred but not required.